Essential oils which are highly aromatic are readily absorbed into the body via the skin and lungs and are believed to affect the body on all levels – physically, mentally, emotionally & spiritually.
When combined with soft gentle massage aromatherapy treatments can be either deeply relaxing or uplifiting, depending on the oils or massage techniques by your therapist.
The Benefits of Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy massage and essential oils form part of *complimentary therapies and are commonly used in hospitals, hopices and other healthcare settings to help support patients and their carers.
- manage specific physical problems;
- emotionally balancing;
- boost mood;
- reduce stress and anxiety;
- reduce symptoms of depression;
- maintain a sense of general well-being;
- treats specific symptoms and conditions;
- relieves pain;
- relieves muscle tension;
- maintains good health.
* Complimentary therapies should never be used in place of orthdox medical care or/and medication. Always consult your doctor or other health care professional (i.e. midwife or consultant) if you are receiving complimentary healthcare.
Notions for Potions –
Joanna qualified in advanced aromatherapy in 2005 and went on to win FESC National Aromatherapist of the year ‘Special Commendation’.
“Through my passion for natures medicine, I realised the healing potential of combining all 3 healing modalities – Plant Energy, Reiki Energy & Crystal Energy, to bring you Notions For Potions – Healing Aromatherapy”